INFINAIR’s experimental test capabilities rely on the INFINAIR laboratory. It features extensive experimental power and ability.
- 1.The lab is listed as a Nationally Accredited Testing Laboratory by CNAS (China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment) according to ISO Standard 17025 (Accreditation Criteria for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories).
- 2. It was the first laboratory in Mainland China to obtain AMCA approval.
- 3.The lab combines numerous test functions and abilities with industry-leading precision.
Ⅱ. INFINAIR laboratory testing abilities:
- 1.Aerodynamic performance
- 2.Reverberation chamber (noise laboratory)
- 3.Specialized testing
- 4.Test table for ultra-large vibrations
- 5.Test bench for jet fan thrust
Ⅲ. Aerodynamic performance testing module:
1.The INFINAIR laboratory’s aerodynamic performance test system was established in 2006, and its design, construction, configuration and operation strictly follow the Chinse National Standards GB/T 1236 and JB/T 10504. The laboratory was expanded in 2014, and now it has one 30,000m³/h and two 200,000m³/h super-large scale air chambers. It has become an industry-leading, world-class large-scale comprehensive test platform. It is also one of the most advanced and precise laboratories in the Asian fan industry.
- 2.Third party accreditation:
- -- INFINAIR laboratory successfully obtained the CNAS Laboratory Accreditation Certificate in August 2013 and is now included in the List of Nationally Accredited Testing Laboratories.
- -- INFINAIR laboratory is compatible with both the US AMCA 210 and 300 core standards, and was the first laboratory in Mainland China to obtain AMCA accreditation.
- -- When comparing the results of same-sample inter-lab tests, the INFINAIR lab test results’ margins of error are within the precision and error requirements specified by relevant international/national standards.
- 3.Key features and differences:
- -- All three air chambers use advanced digital data acquisition systems and real-time data analysis software.
- -- The INFINAIR lab has replaced the simple “cardboard shielding method” duct test with a new generation of precise-flow nozzle matrix systems.
- -- We have replaced the simple “shielded cardboard and screen” with electronically controlled valves for making adjustments.
- -- Lab tests are able to solve the problem of air chamber resistance through the use of auxiliary fan systems.
- -- The INFINAIR lab has imported world-class precision testing equipment. In addition to annual calibration according to AMCA standards, we regularly conduct complete self-calibration experiments. Additionally, some key instruments and pieces of equipment are sent out of the country each year for calibration and verification to ensure that the instruments used for testing are precise, effective and stable.
- -- In conclusion, the INFINAIR laboratory can test the all facets of the aerodynamic performance of fans, from maximum flow point to maximum pressure point. We can test with high precision, fast speed and reliable results, providing a strong foundation for R&D, customization, and customer inspection.
Ⅳ. Reverberation chamber
- -- High precision of equipment:
INFINAIR’s reverberation chamber uses world-class, laboratory-level Brüel & Kjær noise test and experimental equipment. It has very precise testing ability, and is capable of performing subdivision tests and computations with extreme precision for sound power level and sound pressure level. The sampling quantity of our tests is three times that of general professional equipment, and 24 times that of simple handheld noise test equipment). With such precise data, R&D personnel can quickly make accurate analyses and judgments.
- -- High precision of test methods:
INFINAIR uses the standard test method of sound source comparison, and the test data is much more applicable and reliable than traditional handheld sound-level test methods.
- -- Specialized reverberation chamber structure:
Compared with typical, small anechoic chambers, the reverberation chamber in INFINAIR’s lab is more suitable for testing fans with larger volume and wider noise ranges. INFINAIR has invested heavily in its reverberation chamber. The scale of the chamber is industry leading, and its strong ability to resist environmental disturbance ensures high reliability of test results.
Ⅴ. Specialized testing:
- -- Salt-spray corrosion resistance testing: Tests the salt-spray corrosion resistance and reliability for fan impellers being used in coastal or severe environments.
- -- Wind resistance testing: Tests the tolerance of fan structural components at high wind speeds, similar to typhoons or sandstorms.
- -- Rainfall testing: Tests the rainproof capabilities of outdoor fans that will be under conditions similar to typhoons or extraordinary rainstorms.
- -- Fire protection testing: Tests for adherence to the Chinese national standard of reliability under smoke control and extraction conditions (the fan must operate regularly for half an hour at 280℃).
- -- Physical and chemical testing: Tests the chemical components and mechanical properties of metal materials;
- -- Motor testing: Conduct tests regarding temperature, voltage resistance, output, and reliability of motors.
Ⅵ. Test table for ultra-large vibrations
- -- INFINAIR’s test table for ultra-large vibrations is set up according to the JB/T 8689 and AMCA 204 standards, and is used for machine operation vibration detection testing.
- -- The test table spans 180m2 and is surrounded by a circular vibration reduction groove.
- -- In order to guarantee test precision, the test table uses an independent pile foundation that is not connected with the rest of the building’s foundation. This ensures protection from various mechanical vibrations in other parts of the workshop.
- -- The table is capable of clamping multiple pieces of equipment at the same time, and can quickly switch between testing different pieces of equipment, ensuring test efficiency and reducing client waiting time.
Ⅶ. Test bench for jet fan thrust
- -- The INFINAIR laboratory designed and built the large “supporting-tunnel jet fan thrust stand test bench” according to the specifications of GB/T 19843 and AMCA 250. The test bench is used to test the thrust of jet fans in metro tunnels.
- -- On the test bench, within the limited range of the stoppers, the jet flow fan can axially slip; when the data from these tests is compared with the theoretical data and standard estimates, performance improves considerably.
- -- By carefully adjusting horizontal angles as well as the load of the measuring system, the test bench can test the thrust generated by equipment with a specific flow rate in tunnels with limited space. This ensures that the aerodynamic performance and thrust of jet fans conform to standard requirements.
The INFINAIR laboratory offers complete and multifunctional service to clients. The lab embodies the INFINAIR values of Reliable, Convenient, and Novel into both INFINAIR’s own product fields and our clients’ customized projects. The lab is the support system for the processes of R&D and manufacturing, and forms the foundation of the Brave Innovative Spirit of INFINAIR.
About laboratory accreditation:
- -- Laboratory accreditation is an official accreditation granted by certain authorities to recognize the abilities of a lab and its equipment. The lab must be capable of conducting specific tests, must be capable of adhering to specific standards, and must have reliable test and calibration results.
- -- Laboratory accreditation indicates that the authority expresses its trust in the results of the laboratory’s tests and calibrations, and shows open endorsement for the laboratory’s experimental ability and the reliability of its test results.
- -- For example, the AMCA laboratory accreditation process takes a laboratory through a series of standard-regulated, robust, and strict verification processes. During the process, a fan from the AMCA accreditation applicant (along with the relevant test reports from the lab) is sealed and sent to AMCA headquarters in Chicago. At this point, the AMCA retests the sample to see if the results are accurate and error-free. Accreditation standards are well developed, with great attention to detail, and all processes are completed only with final approval by the board of directors of the AMCA. This testing process fully embodies the robust and deliberate qualities of the AMCA accreditation process.
Functions of accredited laboratories:
- a. Test product performance and compare results with predictions and R&D simulations.
- b. Conduct iterative optimization for new products.
- c. Provide reliable data to be used for preparing product catalogues.
- d. Verify performance of customized products, test conformity to performance standards, and identify and solve any problems.
- e. Fulfill testing requirements for clients.
AMCA: Air Movement and Control Association
- a. AMCA Overview
History: The AMCA was established in 1917 and is headquartered in Chicago in the US. Its Asian headquarters is in Malaysia.
Characteristics: The AMCA is an international not-for-profit organization specializing in performing third party certification and industrial self-regulatory measures.
Mission: To promote the synchronized development of the ventilation industry and public service and to ensure the healthy and stable development of the ventilation industry.
- b. Scope of work:
Establish standards: The AMCA works to establish basic industrial standards, including design, manufacturing, and inspection, and establish these standards within its own system.
Product certification: The AMCA conducts third-party certifications independent of the buyer and seller (for fans, air valves, blinds, etc.).
Platform creation: The AMCA provides an open and fair display of options for customers and helps member companies create their own testing platforms.
- c. Size and impact of AMCA
In June 2015, the AMCA was composed of 341 members around the world, of which 122 are in Asia. It has certified more than 3300 series of products and accredited more than 50 laboratories.
Value of AMCA certified products for customers:
AMCA-certified products are tested by common standards. Data is released in a common format, and cross-supervision between members is encouraged, holding all members up to high standards.
Overall effect: The AMCA promotes healthy, self-regulatory development of the ventilation industry.